4 Cardamom (Pods /Seeds)
20 grams dry ginger powder
2 inch Cinnamon Stick
1 teaspoon Whole Black Pepper Corns
1 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon Cloves
2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- To begin making the Indian Chai masala powder, use the mixer grinder to powder the dried ginger, green cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Now add the remaining spices into mixture jar and make a smooth powder of it. Your Chai Masala is ready.
- Transfer the masala to an airtight container and store it for 4 to 6 months in a glass jar in the freezer and use when required.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Chai Masala powder to make 2 cups of Chai (Tea).
-You can have this as black tea. In that case, add a pinch and if you are making tea along with milk then 1/4 teaspoon for two cups would give you a mild flavour.
- You can experiment with this recipe, tweak here and there, so that your tea is just how you like it!